Academic Director of Instructional Design, Inst...
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required. Applicants must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination of condition of employment.
The Academic Director of Instructional Design provides leadership and support to the university for the development of innovative and effective teaching and learning practices using information technology and creates content in the campus learning management system (LMS) in collaboration with faculty. They will coordinate with the Weekend, Evening and Online College and the Center for Academic Innovation and Creativity to meet the strategic initiatives of the university.
- Leads the Instructional Design Team in coordinating the training, course design, and development process from inception to completion including the maintenance of a project plan, detailing course development progression and risk management.
- Outlines the major milestones of the course development process and assigns team roles/responsibilities to instructional designers to ensure course development deadlines are met.
- Works with academic leadership in support and development of online and hybrid courses and/or programs.
- Ensures alignment to accreditation standards, transfer requirements, and institutional goals.
- Provides instructional design expertise by working with faculty on course design and course development.
- Coordinate and facilitate interactions with faculty to integrate course content into the campus learning management system or other appropriate technologies that will enhance the teaching and learning experience.
- Keep abreast of the current literature on learning theory and learning practices in higher education.
- Develop expertise in and conducts assessments of curricular projects, technologies, and practices.
- Leads the Instructional Design Team in collaborating with the center for Academic Innovation and Creativity to provide professional development for faculty including topics in digital literacy, online and hybrid learning and integrating technological tools in the classroom.
- Leads the Instructional Design Team in teaching and assisting faculty and staff in the use of the LMS system, both in classes and individually.
- Provide outreach to the Weekend, Evening and Online College and potential faculty to build and create new academic programs and course content in the campus LMS.
- Monitor and maintain the Instructional Design budget.
- Work independently, lead major educational technology projects, and coordinate staff resources across campuses in order to support course development.
- Plan and manage projects to introduce faculty to emerging technologies and pedagogical practices.
- Serve as a member of campus committees on teaching and learning as appropriate.
- Monitor quality and engagement measures; analyze key metrics to continuously improve institution courses, services and products for our students and partners.
- Assign, coordinate and monitor work efforts of instructional designers.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in the creation of course materials in a learning management system and integration of other technologies to support academic courses and programs.
- Knowledge of the creation, use and deployment of digital media.
Abilities and Skills:
- Skills with web technologies, learning management systems, electronic resources, and emerging academic technologies.
- Familiarity with pedagogies that can be used by faculty when incorporating technology into their courses.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and to work constructively in a team environment.
- Superior interpersonal, writing, and communications skills and ability to interact positively with academics and administration.
- Master's or Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related field.
- Extensive and successful record of working with faculty and students in higher education on course development.
- At least 10 years of experience designing and delivering instructional materials online and blended courses, including instructional content, learning activities, multimedia, and assessments for courses delivered to post-secondary students.
- Experience teaching courses at the college level is highly desired.
- Experience presenting and leading workshops for faculty.
- Experience in project management. Experience building a variety of media preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple, simultaneous online course development projects.
Work Location: Both Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles) and Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
To apply, visit https://msmu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=134398
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency