This ad is expired.
Adjunct - Learning Frameworks
Posting Number: 0001063
PS Position#: 0000747
Position Status: Part-Time
Salary: $48.96 per lecture hour and $32.63 per lab hour
Department: Learning Frameworks
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This adjunct position in the Learning Frameworks Division provides innovative instruction to first-time-in-college students to develop metacognition, critical thinking, and self-regulated learning skills while teaching the psychology of learning, cognition, and motivation. Faculty in Learning Frameworks work as a team and regularly meet for professional development and to ensure program fidelity. Adjuncts will be required to attend professional development and complete an internal Teaching Online Certification course.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach Learning Frameworks (student success) courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Actively participate in the assessment of course and program level student learning outcomes.
- Provide regular communication with students.
- Handle student issues surrounding this course.
- Meet regularly with Learning Frameworks instructors/chair during semester to discuss successes and concerns with content of the course.
- Regular communication with the Division Chair and/or Division Secretary is required.
- Attend professional development and complete an internal Teaching Online Certification course.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer, online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and/or weekend classes.
- Provide at least one scheduled office hour per week for each three-credit course in a regular 16-week semester or two scheduled office hours per week in an 8-week term. Office hours can in in-person, by telephone, or via Blackboard Collaborate. You must be available for live conversation during scheduled office hours.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Qualified candidates must have a Masters (or higher) degree in Education, Psychology, or a closely related discipline or a Masters (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in Education, Psychology, or a closely related discipline
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be available to work Summer sessions
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
- Previous experience teaching Student Success or Learning Frameworks courses at an institution of higher education
- Previous experience teaching metacognitive skills and self-regulation to college students
- Able to design assessments and analyze results to measure learning
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6919
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-aaca0a862d0be74fa56193963fd0cf57