This ad is expired.
Assistant Director for Experiential Learning
North Carolina Central University
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Career Center has increased its focus on internships and experiential learning in order to better prepare students for the world of work. This includes developing skills and identifying career options that will enable students to adapt to an ever-changing job market. Strategically, this position will continue to lead in the development and facilitation of internships and experiential learning, which will assist in increasing positive career outcomes at graduation, including gainful employment and graduate school acceptance. The focus has been repurposed from a counseling role to a programming role to provide campus support in tracking internships, and increasing student access to experiential learning opportunities.
The position will work cross-departmentally and inter-divisionally to foster collaborations and programming around experiential learning and career development.
This position will work collaboratively within the Career Center to develop, facilitate, and track internship and experiential learning campus-wide. In addition, the position will provide career counseling services to foster student career exploration; enhance career readiness skills; and will help recent graduates successfully transition into their careers. Principal working relationships include faculty and academic unit collaborations in developing experiential learning opportunities, alumni to serve as mentors to students, and employer partnerships around internships. The position will also have an elevated supervisory role that will manage one career development coordinator, and 2 graduate assistants.
This position requires a Masters Degree in the field of counseling, student personnel administration or related field; experience in identifying, developing, and evaluating student service programs and events; a minimum of 3 years of direct career counseling to students (or similar constituents) to include demonstrated experience administering and interpreting career assessments; experience in career development strategies for diverse higher education populations; experience and proficiency with incorporating the use of technology to deliver career services (ie. CSO, Simplicity, etc.); potential candidates must have demonstrated experience counseling students/clients involving career and employment issues; knowledge of career development issues; candidates should have strong knowledge of employer recruiting strategies, job market trends, occupational, career and employment information sources; and the ability to establish rapport and relate well to students, faculty, employers, and staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The Assistant Director for Experiential Learning will build employer partnerships, including internship and externship opportunities locally, state-wide, nationally and internationally for NCCU students.
- Track credit and non-credit internship activity across campus, and produce reports to share with faculty and administrators.
- Oversee experiential learning programs including student paraprofessional, alumni mentoring, Peace Corp, service learning , and NC Government funded internship programs.
- Provide supervision to graduate assistant, career counselor/JLD staff member, and student interns.
- Coordinate career events to include such activities as an internship showcase, panel presentations, volunteer service fair, company site visits, and other related experiential learning events.
- Conduct site visits to evaluate appropriateness and relevance of internships for students.
- Deliver presentations to campus community and business community on experiential learning.
- Provide career counseling assistance including resume/cover letter critiques, job-search strategies and the administration of standardized career assessments.
- Produce reports and assess the effectiveness of internship activity and experiential learning programs.
- Serve as compliance officer for experiential learning inventory to maintain Title IV funding and NC-SARA accrediting body.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency