Graduate Instructional Technologist
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Requested Start Date for this Position:08/19/2022 - 9 days to go
Campus Location:Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:Part time
Job Summary:Regis University seeks a graduate instructional technologist to join the Instructional Design and Technology (ID&T) department team. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative individual with a commitment to attaining the university's mission through integration of the Six Key Jesuit Values in the important work of instructional design, course development, emerging technologies, and use of the University's learning management system.
The graduate instructional technologist (GIT) works collaboratively with the ID&T team in course design and development that will enhance student learning. The GIT will join the two instructional technologists (IT) to support course development efforts for all course formats, including but not limited to, online, blended or web enhanced. The successful applicant will work in a highly fluid environment performing tasks that HTML, interactive multimedia development, technical troubleshooting, maintaining consistency within the learning management system, basic video production, and resource accessibility checking. Workflow management is required to accommodate deadlines and the GIT's academic schedule. The ideal candidate is open-minded, professional, and able to communicate clearly, openly, and honestly in a highly collaborative team environment. Listening is also a critical component to effective communication and is expected.
Working at Regis University:
As Regis employees, we each have a responsibility to perform our work in alignment with the mission of the University, especially with its Catholic and Jesuit values. All employees are expected to both contribute to and strengthen the university's culture of respect, inclusion and equity for all members of our community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with instructional designers and instructional technologists to develop and implement learning objects (e.g., video, interactives, images) for online, blended, and ground-based courses using a variety of methods including HTML and H5P.
- Updates LMS course shells with new CSS and/or revising current CSS given the code to update.
- Deploys and supports courses and content into the learning management system and trouble-shooting complex technical problems in courses.
- Assists supporting faculty in the use of Swivl technology and the faculty media studio.
- Edits webpages on the ID&T website.
- Supports the creation and implementation of video within courses and in faculty support materials.
- Checks content (e.g., HTML, PPT, PDF, Word) for accessibility.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g., university task forces and committees and special projects
- Bachelors' degree
- Current enrollment in a technology related graduate program (e.g., computer science, instructional technology, information systems)
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related program (e.g., computer science, instructional technology, information systems)
- No formal work experience required.
- Experience working in a higher education academic setting preferred.
The following skills, abilities and physical requirements can be performed with or without accommodation.
- HTML coding of content pages.
- Collaborative solution development.
- Active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Basic graphic design skills such as image selection and charts and graphs creation.
- Create support documents for faculty.
- Must be able to apply computer-mediated communication technologies to meet academic and information delivery goals.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Talking to others (e.g., faculty, staff, leadership) to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Familiarity with web development
- Basic video creation, editing, and publication.
- Experience using a LMS - as a student is fine.
- Provision of hands-on technology support.
- Industry-standard web-design principles
- General knowledge of web/content accessibility standards
- Communicates information and ideas in writing so others will understand in documents such as emails and how-to guides.
- Identifies problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Create and maintains an atmosphere of inclusive excellence that celebrates our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives.
- A strong desire to learn or advance instructional technology skills in higher education.
Pay Rate:$18.50 to $20/hour commensurate with qualifications
Start Date:08/19/2022 - 9 days to go
To apply, visit https://regis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RegisUniversity/job/Northwest-Denver-Campus/Graduate-Instructional-Technologist_R002591.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: "How ought we to live?" Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-239d7976e5425b43b9de577407655f81