Instructional Design Manager
Penn State Great Valley, located in Malvern, PA, is seeking a full-time Instructional Design Manager. This position provides oversight to the school's instructional design team which includes developing the goals and direction of the department and team. This position leads the integration of technology and pedagogical innovations in teaching and learning, provides leadership, instructional and program design expertise, and project management in the design, development, and delivery of the fully online portfolio of World Campus graduate programs, as well as consultations in the development and design for hybrid and resident courses. This position also develops and implements programs and strategy for ongoing assistance to faculty on emerging trends in learning technologies development, acts as the campus liaison to other instructional design units throughout the University, and ensures the creation, implementation, and maintenance of all technology systems for faculty.
* This position has the potential to work remotely on a partial basis.
Penn State Great Valley's Instructional Design Manager will:
- Provide oversight and leadership to course development teams involved in design, redesign, development, and delivery of fully online World Campus courses
- Develop and implements programs and strategy for ongoing assistance to faculty on emerging trends in learning technologies
- Provide oversight, mentoring, performance management, and goal setting for team members and ensure their work is in line with the overall, annual unit goals and objectives
- Establish strategic priorities for the unit
- Manage the workflow, scheduling, and rollout of more than 150 course sections per year
- Responsible for adapting and modifying course interface and delivery platforms based on instructor preference and course scheduling requirements and obtaining and communicating course published remarks and materials (e.g., textbook editions, software requirements, etc.) to the World Campus program office
- Provide collaboration and leadership within the College in learning design through professional development, committee work, task forces, and symposia to extend knowledge and build community
- Collaborate with World Campus and other eLearning shops around the University and beyond
- Serve on related committees such as the Penn State Online Coordinating Council, Commonwealth Campus Faculty Development, Campus IDs, and Course Liaisons by representing Penn State Great Valley and providing a campus perspective on issues
- Act as project manager and consultant to oversee the design, development, and redesign of the fully online portfolio of World Campus graduate programs
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all Great Valley faculty involved in online or resident/hybrid instruction for consultations and troubleshooting issues with Canvas, Evolution, or other tools used for online course instruction
- Will also serve as a campus liaison with external organizations including vendors of instructional design technologies
This position typically requires 8+ years related experience and a Master's Degree or higher, preferably in higher education instructional design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Employment with the University will require the successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
Candidates for consideration must submit a cover letter and a resume and should be prepared to provide samples of previous work. Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Great-Valley/Instructional-Design-Manager_REQ_0000018370-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency