- Instructional Technologist
- Go to our website »
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
06/19/2023 - 25 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
Regis University seeks an instructional technologist to join the Instructional Design and Technology (ID&T) department team. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative individual with a commitment to attaining the university's mission through integration of the Six Key Jesuit Values in the important work of instructional design, course development, emerging technologies, and use of the University's learning management system.
The instructional technologist (IT) works collaboratively with faculty/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and the ID&T team for course design and development that will enhance student learning. ITs support course development efforts for all course formats, including but not limited to, online, blended or web enhanced. The successful applicant will work in a highly fluid environment performing tasks that may involve web design and development, multimedia development, technical troubleshooting of content, graphic design, interactive media simulations, user-centered design and web usability. A high degree of work flow management is required to accommodate deadlines and academic schedules throughout project duration. Strong teamwork skills, clear communications with coworkers, stakeholders, and department management is required.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
- A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
- Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
- Options for flexible work
- Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Deploys and supports courses and content into the learning management system and trouble-shooting complex technical problems in courses. *(50%)
- Works with instructional designers, SMEs, and course content teams to design, develop and implement learning objects (e.g., video, H5P, images) for online, blended, and web-enhanced delivery. (30%)
- Develops custom programming and scripting as part of the development, implementation and maintenance of learning objects and services for online delivery. (10%)
- Evaluates and assesses the effective use of instructional technologies to identify opportunities for inclusion in course content development to improve student engagement. (5%)
- Assists with the development and delivery of training for faculty and staff on various technologies. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned e.g. university task forces and committees and special projects (non-course projects that support academic or administrative needs). (TBD)
*These are representative percentages. They may change due to changes in projects and priorities.
- Bachelor's' degree or demonstrated work experience in Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Web Design, or related programming for instruction in higher education.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design, development, and production of interactive web objects.
- Experience with information architecture and file management in a Learning Management System, Content Management System, or complex website.
- Must have proven understanding of user-centered design and web accessibility.
- Must have proven ability to analyze, scope and manage development projects.
- Multimedia expertise should include but is not limited to: creation of audio and video files, creation of interactive learning objects, management and storage of this type of content.
- Must be able to apply computer-mediated communication technologies to meet academic and information delivery goals.
- A strong desire to learn or advance instructional technology skills in higher education.
- An understanding of online and adult learning principles.
- Familiarity with data analytics platforms such as Domo and PowerBi.
- Master's degree in an applicable field.
- Advanced programming skills.
- Experience working in a higher education academic setting.
- Ability to create web-based animation, graphical acquisition and production, and desktop video editing.
- Ability to work with web-connected databases.
Responsible for making decisions regarding effective media development and technology integration for academic distance courses and administrative services. Must plan, coordinate, and manage activities to help to achieve departmental goals of distance teaching effectiveness and development efficiency.
The ideal candidate is open-minded, professional, and able to communicate clearly, openly, and honestly in a highly collaborative team environment. Listening is also a critical component to effective communication and is expected.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
Works as a member of a design and development team, but individually executes production of components of projects. Must work within time constraints.
Working Environment/PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standard office working environment. The position requires occasional evening and weekend hours as well as some travel. Prolonged periods of sitting and standing and viewing of computer monitor may be necessary.
- Lifting & Carrying: occasionally requires bending and lifting up to 10 pounds
- Pushing & Pulling: Access files and materials on routine basis
- Body Movements: Stoop and reach for materials
- Hand Use: Able to use keyboard, computer, copier, fax, phone, stapler, and other standard equipment as required in a professional, modem business office
- Sense of Touch: see above
- Hearing: Able to communicate in meetings with individuals and staff members
- Vision: Able to use computer and office equipment, observe people; write, read a variety of printed, handwritten and digital material
- Remembering: (Recalling information.) Program information, including detailed procedures, technical information regarding departmental systems, policies and procedures
- Language Ability: (Reading, writing, speaking.) Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Reasoning: (Judgment and decision-making.) Critical thinking and strong decision-making skills essential.
To view our Benefits Guide use either the link or the web address below.
Benefits Guide - Fiscal Year 22-23 or
$55,000 / annually commensurate with qualifications.
To apply, visit https://regis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RegisUniversity/job/Northwest-Denver-Campus/Instructional-Technologist_R003238.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: "How ought we to live?" Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-68bd20669c978441933fa01c87fb50c5