Staff Assistant, Instructional Designer
From Bridgewater State Universitys inception in 1840 by Horace Mann as one of the first normal schools in America to the current day, BSU has worked to ensure that our students receive an accessible, affordable, and exceptional education. BSU aspires to be the leader in our mission class for closing equity gaps for Black/Cape Verdean, Latinx, Native American, Asian, and other students of color. BSUs institutional values, the work of the Presidents Special Task Force on Racial Justice, and leadership of the Leading for Change Higher Education Diversity Consortium underscore the campus commitment to racial equity and other forms of social justice.
The mission of the Information Technology Division is to enable and advance the success of all students, faculty, staff and all related constituent groups through continuous improvement, diverse relationships, effective leadership, innovative outcomes, operational excellence and strategic partnerships. With extensive information technology resources, Bridgewater State University strives to make technology an integral component of teaching and learning. Within the IT Division, the Teaching & Technology Center provides training and support services to faculty and librarians in their adoption of technology to enhance teaching and learning in face-to-face and online courses at Bridgewater State. Successful candidates will be staff members that can work with their colleagues to help meet the mission of the Teaching & Technology Center in serving and supporting our racially and ethnically diverse campus community.
This opportunity fosters a welcoming and inclusive environment, working with diverse students, faculty, staff and visitors by focusing on the deep intersection of faculty adoption of technology & pedagogy to support higher levels of student engagement, retention, and success. The Instructional Designer works with faculty on curriculum development, specifically as it applies to the integration of technology use in the classroom and for online teaching. The Instructional Designer designs, develops, and implements digital course artifacts, learning activities, and assessments that are in alignment with course goals and learning outcomes. The Instructional Designer researches innovative technologies and learning design methodologies and shares these practices with faculty through one-on-one consultations, professional development offerings, new pilot programs, and other communication modes.
This is a full-time, 12-month APA position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Partner with a diverse faculty community to design, develop, and implement digital course content, learning activities, rubrics, and assessments that are in alignment with course goals and learning outcomes that are culturally responsive to the students we serve.
2. Partner with all faculty on curriculum development, specifically as it applies to the integration of technology use in the classroom and for online and hyflex teaching.
3. Research innovative technologies and learning design methodologies and share these practices with faculty through TTC professional development offerings and one-on-one consultations.
4. Partner with all IT colleagues, faculty, and students, regardless of race, to provide a more informed pedagogical focus on IT classroom design.
5. Develop and conduct seminars, workshops, and webinars designed to engage faculty in integrating technology into the curricula.
6. Provide course design support for all faculty on the Universitys Learning Management System platform.
7. Follow emerging instructional technology trends in higher education and develop proposals to the administration for adoption or pursue appropriate grant funding.
8. Develop and conduct seminars and workshops at regional and national conferences on emergent technologies and instructional design practices.
9. Develop web-based documentation, promotional web-based materials, and video instruction of instructional technology tools and related teaching practices.
10. Contribute to planning, assessment, and benchmarking for campus educational technology operations and initiatives, including serving on relevant planning groups and participating in projects.
11. Actively support the Universitys Diversity, Racial Equality, & Social Justice initiatives.
12. Perform additional responsibilities as directed by the supervisor consistent with rank and position.
1. Bachelor degree
2. One year job-related experience in education or training setting
3. Commitment to customer service excellence/support to enhance an environment of equity, diversity and inclusion
4. Ability to work directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
5. Experience in service of racial equity (e.g. mentorship of racially minoritized students/staff; service on committees; advising students/staff organizations that represent racially minoritized groups or social justice causes)
6. Experience providing instructional technology support and consultation services for hybrid and/or fully online courses
7. Experience designing and delivering training
8. Experience supporting users of a Learning Management System
9. Experience researching and/or developing instructional technology-related proposals
1. Masters degree
2. Quality Matters or Online Learning Consortium certifications
3. Experience utilizing accessible design and universal design principles
4. Consistently staying abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise
5. Experience working with faculty on the adoption of innovative instructional technologies that are culturally responsive to the students it serves
6. Experience teaching a credit or non-credit course in higher education
7. Experience presenting in a conference setting and/or publishing a research paper
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
Posting Number: S00639P
Open Date: 02/22/2021
Close Date: 3/28/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/20014
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency