This ad is expired.
Technical Communications Specialist
Pennsylvania State University's University Outreach - Professional and Community Education-Justice and Safety Institute are seeking a Technical Communications Specialist for non-credit courses to ensure quality standards in all training materials, proposals, reports, interactions, and marketing materials, according to a client style guide. They will collaborate with other internal departments. This position is one of two in the Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement Training Institute (PACSETI) program.
As a team:
- They collaborate to maintain a high-level quality in the PACSETI curriculum.
- Works with 7 PACSETI faculty members
- Learning Design team members (multimedia specialists, instructional designers, project managers, and instructional production specialists.
The PACSETI curriculum is comprised of over 300 training topics equating to over 390 hours of training. PACSETI training is offered to roughly 3,500 Child Support county and state employees within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is the national leader in child support enforcement.
- Editorial Review: The review occurs on the staging server for online materials or in Word for print materials
- Functionality Testing: The testing occurs on the staging server for systems (i.e., PACSETI LMS) as well as online training material. This may require the creation of a test plan document
- Implementation Testing: The testing occurs on the production server after deployment of material and prior to the announcement of the deployment to PACSETI users
- Verification of Defect Resolutions: Items that are identified in either the Editorial Review, Functionality Testing, or Implementation
- PACSETI Style Guide Administration: The PACSETI Style Guide, a requirement of the PACSETI Intergovernmental Agreement, is a tool to be used for developing, editing, and proofreading all written products
- Coordination of Internal Testing
- Maintain and expand job knowledge related to editorial and quality assurance standards
- Maintain Quality Assurance checklist
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus four (4) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a limited-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding .
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Technical-Communications-Specialist_REQ_0000027718
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-05555bc33f73fa409e55ae98e9c73a05