DATE: December 13, 2023
FROM: Human Resources
POSITION: (2 FT) - Instructional Designer
Effective immediately: (2 FT) Instructional Designer - Online Learning and Educational Technology Department, Wilmington University
Requirements: Master's Degree required; Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field. Sufficient experience in higher education in the capacity of faculty and/or administrator to successfully perform the job. Must have excellent communication, relationship-building, computer operations, customer service, and organization skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently as well as work successfully in a team environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Canvas, and/or other Learning Management systems. Must be familiar with curriculum development, web design, and editing web content for grammar, spelling, context, and effective instruction. Must demonstrate respect for diversity in the workplace and a commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment that values the contributions of all employees. Must maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Engage with a diverse group of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Program Chairs, and the online learning team to facilitate effective communication and collaboration in the design, development, and implementation of online courses.
- Foster an inclusive and cooperative environment to leverage the expertise of various stakeholders in creating high-quality online educational content.
- Utilize instructional design principles to create engaging and effective online courses for adult learners in higher education.
- Work closely with SMEs to incorporate subject-specific pedagogy, ensuring course materials are aligned with learning objectives and are suitable for an online learning environment.
- Stay abreast of current trends and advancements in online education and adult learning methodologies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of industry technology tools and trends relevant to online education.
- Coordinate multiple projects concurrently, ensuring they meet high-quality standards and are delivered within tight deadlines.
- Implement effective project management strategies to organize tasks, allocate resources efficiently, and streamline the course development process.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to address departmental and faculty needs related to online course development and maintenance.
- Proactively identify potential challenges and provide innovative solutions to ensure the smooth execution of online learning initiatives.
- Promote and foster an inclusive and diverse environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Hours of Employment: Generally, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, some evenings and weekends will be required. This position is hybrid with some working hours on campus for meeting attendance, commencement obligation, etc. (Incumbent may be asked to be flexible with hours to meet the needs of the department and/or the University).
Benefits: Wilmington University offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances and Education benefits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: January 8, 2024
To apply click here.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency